The purpose of the ORTA Future Professional Support Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to recent graduates and new professionals who are seeking NCTRC certification status or those who have taken the exam this year. Please review the award eligibility and criteria before submitting your application.
Watch this PowerPoint for more information on the scholarship and benefits of student membership: Scholarship Award PP.pptx
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
• Demonstrate critical financial need
• Be currently a senior student or 2021 college graduate
• Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue a career as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
• Be planning to apply for the CTRS exam this year (Spring/Summer 2022)
• Be a current ORTA Member Cost $10
* Please reach out to ORTA if you need financial assistance with member fee
The scholarship will be granted based on the following criteria:
• Typed Essay (up to 3 pages) or Recorded Video (up to 8 minutes)
o Must address the following:
o Why do you think you should be considered for the scholarship?
o What population and setting are you interested in serving as a CTRS? (Can be currently and/or future interests)
o Tell us about yourself (What have you pursued since graduation, what are your leisure interests, what are your professional strengths)
o Provide contact information for one professional reference (recent internship supervisor preferred)
• Completion of the application
Applications due Friday, March 25, 2022 to email@example.com.